2. We still have Prom shirts for sale, $10 each. See Mrs. Meche in B-10 to purchase.
3. Any member of the boys soccer team that has not picked up stuffed bread tickets from Mr. Fontenot must do so ASAP
4. Join us on May 6 at 4 pm as the NISH Drama Club presents its first ever 24 hour play festival. Only a day before the event, participating students will draw from a hat to determine the details of the skit that they will write, direct, and perform for you. Their props, genre, group members, and much more will be up to a random pick from a hat. Admission is $3, and all audience members will be given the opportunity to vote on the best skit and also to win door prizes
5. You don't want to miss out do you? Of course not! Come get your 2016-2017 yearbook order forms today! The time is here! Order forms are available at the yearbook cart down F Hall during both lunches. If you would like to purchase your yearbook with cash, check, or money order, you may do so at the cart as well. If you would wish to purchase using a credit card, you may do so online by going to www.YearbookOrderCenter.com and use order number 16120.
2.) In addition to yearbook sales, if you or someone you know would like to place an ad in our 2016-2017 yearbook come to the yearbook cart or email Mrs. Bierschwale at email@example.com
3.) SENIORS!!!! It is finally your year! You know what that means? It is time to submit baby pictures! To do so, have a baby picture, a senior picture, and your favorite quote ready and bring them down to the cart, where our staff members will assist you in turning them in. Please make sure you have your name displayed on all three.
6. FOOTLOOSE, presented by the NISH Choral Department, is a MUST-SEE event! The cast is doing a fantastic job! They tell a story of teenagers and adults struggling to understand each other, struggling to deal with loss of family, learning to forgive and beginning to heal. I am so proud of these students and their ability to project the depth of emotion of the characters. And the singing and dancing are exemplary. Opening night is this coming Friday, April 21. Come join us for an experience you won't want to miss!
PLEASE HELP THE NISH CHORUS BY PASSING THIS ON TO YOUR FACEBOOK FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
Google "NISH FOOTLOOSE EVENTBRITE" to purchase tickets online, or go to Delaune's Pharmacy to purchase tickets in New Iberia. Or come down to the Chorus Room and pick your tickets up from me or one of the cast members! Faculty and staff only need your school ID to enter, but you will want tickets for your family. Many thanks go to Mrs. Kaleigh Lay and Mitchell Prudhomme for giving their time and expertise, and to many other community members and parents for their time and talent.
See you at the show! Judy Webb, Chorus
7. Honor’s Program Essay
Attention seniors in the Honor’s Program:
You have the opportunity to compete in an essay contest to win a $100 cash award. The winner of the essay contest will read his/her essay at the Senior Awards Program. The title of the essay is “What the Honor’s Program means to me”. A three paragraph 750-1000 word typed essay is required. The essays are due to Mr. Clark or Mrs. Leach by Friday, May 5, 2017.
Also, any senior in the Honor’s Program interested in a speaking part at Senior Awards night may sign up in guidance by Friday, May 5th.
8.DANCE TEAM TRYOUTS
May 1-May 5
See Ms. Dugas (B-20) for details.
9.Mr. Boudreaux would like to thank all students and staff who have donated blood or otherwise assisted the Beta Club in the blood drives held here at NISH during the school year. As a result of your incredible and record-breaking participation, NISH was named Our Lady of Lourdes Blood Donor Center's "School of the Year" on Friday.
You are all appreciated beyond words!!!
If you have received a scholarship (either from a private source or from a university), please bring me a copy of the details of the scholarship for recognition at Senior Awards on Tuesday, May 16 at 6:00. If you do not bring me verification, you will not be recognized. Thanks!
A list of names is posted outside of guidance. Make sure you check your name to verify the spelling is correct. Since your diploma is a legal document, your name must be the same as your birth certificate. If you have a correction, please see Mrs. Trudy by Thursday, April 27 to sign for the correction. This is a list for spelling--not a graduation list. So just because your name is on the list does not mean you are graduating. All requirements must be met in order for you to graduate.
12. Many thanks to each of the following students who served as volunteers this past Saturday night at the Spanish Festival’s King’s Ball:
Paige Deal, John Delahoussaye, Ashonté Gibson, Emily Leleux, Juliana Mejia, Emily Neuville, Hailey Ransonet, Sonny Son and Stevie Ridge.
They were great ambassadors for NISH!