1. Homecoming and Class pictures are in. Students can pick up pictures in A-3 at their lunch time.
Students must have their I.D. in order to sign for pictures.
Any questions, please check with Mrs. James
2. There will a meeting for any girl's interested in joining track and field in the boy's gym after school on Thursday. The meeting should last about 30 minutes.
3. Any BOYS interested in participating in Track and Field this year need to signup in A-17 or the Boy's Gym. Criteria are:
- Pass 3 of your 4 Fall classes
- Obtain a medical physical before January 8.
- Fundraise or pay a $50.00 fee.
4. In order to graduate, the state is requiring seniors to complete the FAFSA form online or a parent must sign a FAFSA Nonparticipation Form. NonParticipation forms can be found in Guidance & must be turned in to Mr. Moore.
PII Consent forms for release of student information such as transcripts for college & scholarship applications must be turned in to Mr. Moore. If we do not have this form on file, this information will not be released and will delay the application process. Forms can be found in Guidance.
These forms can also be found on the NISH website (click Student Life, click Class Info, click Seniors)
5.Fire Starter Project applications are now available in guidance!
Any junior who is interested in gaining experience in leadership, communication skills, team-building and networking should pick up an application as soon as possible
Applications are due December 15 at 1:00 pm
6. Any Junior who is interested in attending the SENIOR EDUCATIONAL TALENT SEARCH on WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6 can sign up on the senior list in guidance and mark 11th grade next to their name and second block teacher. Mr. Doffney has decided to invite the Juniors who are interested to this Senior meeting.
7. Yearbook Announcements
1) Yearbook is selling yearbook extras from the 2016-2017 school year for only $60. Come to the yearbook cart at your lunch to purchase a book today. These books are very limited, so don't delay.
2) We are also selling some slightly damaged yearbooks that have their first page torn out of them. There are 20 of these books and they are selling for $25 each. These books are first come, first get.
3) Yearbook has not started selling books for the 2017-2018 school year, but we will make an announcement when we begin to accept orders.
4) If you would like to buy an ad to be placed in the 2017-2018 yearbook, come to the yearbook cart outside of F hall for more information at your lunch.
8. Attention Art Guild Members:
We will have our Christmas Social meeting Thursday, December 7th after school in F-7. Bring your snacks to F-7 before school. The meeting will last until 3:45 pm.
The JonCade Thomas Clemons Memorial Scholarship Fund offers college scholarships to students in the Acadiana area who display academic excellence, strong citizenship and character, and a desire to make a meaningful contribution to society. Applications can be found in Guidance or www.joncadeclemonsmemorial.com or click on the attachment. Deadline is January 31
ATTENTION BETA MEMBERS:
We will have our monthly meeting this Wednesday, December 13th. Plan to attend either before school at 7:10 or after school at 2:45. Both meeting will be in the auditorium.
11. Students, there is a master list at the yearbook cart in front of F hall which lists all the names of students who ordered a 2016-2017 yearbook. Check the list to see if your name is on it. Then come to F8 during your lunch to get your book. We are also selling extras for $60. Don't delay, come to the yearbook cart and get your yearbook today!